A delicious recipe that does not require cooking has minimal ingredients and a great snack for busy days!!
And just in time for Easter treats…
1 cup packed pitted, soft dates (or medjool dates)
1 cup warm water
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup walnuts
3 Tablespoons cacao nibs
2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- Line a 23 by 5cm loaf pan with non-stick paper.
- Combine the dates and warm water in a small bowl. Let stand for 5-10minutes until soft. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the almonds and walnuts in a food processer until finely chopped (but not a paste). Add the prunes, process, using on/off pulses, until the prunes are finely chopped and blended and the mixture begins to stick together and clump on the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Place a large piece of non-stick paper atop the bar mixture and use it to spread and flatten the mixture evenly in the pan, leave the paper to cover. Refrigerate for 30minutes
- Lift the mixture from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Uncover and cut into approx. 6 bars.
How to store bars: Tightly wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap.
ROOM TEMP: 3 days
REFRIGERATOR: 3 weeks
FREEZER: 3 months in airtight container; thaw 1 hour.